Aravina Estate is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Our Policy is based on the National Privacy Principles which were developed by the Office of the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner, and introduced in December 2001.You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information on the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website.
What information do we gather about you?
The amount of information we collect depends on your use of our website. The only personal data we collect is what you tell us about yourself, and includes;
- The content of electronic forms you submit via the website, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions, for example, personal information such as your name and contact details.
- Any messages or comments you submit to us via the website, eg. through an email or "Contact Us" form.
- The information collected when you purchase merchandise or wine.
- Information you provide to any email address at aravinaestate.com, where you have used that website to request information or assistance with an on-line order.
How do we disclose information gathered about you?
Aravina Estate will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent unless legally required to do so or if we consider it necessary to:
- Fulfil our terms of service.
- Deliver to you the service you have requested
- Protect the rights or property of Aravina Estate, any user of Aravina Estate website or any member of the public;
- Or lessen or prevent a serious threat to a person's life, health or safety.
Aravina Estate undertakes all reasonable steps to keep any information we hold about you secure. Your information is stored on secure servers. Aravina Estate undertakes all reasonable steps to ensure that our employees and contractors maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by Aravina Estate. You should notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. However, Aravina Estate does not accept responsibility for any consequences of the unauthorised access to your information.
How do we utilise information gathered about you?
- To improve our service to you - We may use your information for research purposes or to improve our site and the services we offer you. We analyse data collected for trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site are most popular and how much time people spend there. This information is accumulated and examined on an aggregated basis. We may share this combined information with our content providers to assist them in understanding our services but we do not give our content providers information that would allow them to identify you personally.
- To Inform you of events and news regarding Aravina Estate - we will use your personal information to notify you of updates to the web site via email or our newsletter (if you have subscribed to one of our services). We aim to provide you with information and invitations that we consider may be of interest or relevance to you. Please contact us if you no longer wish to receive emails or newsletters from us.
Our store is hosted on shopify Inc. and they provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They secure your data on a secure server behind a firewall. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite if the shop has a password; this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Please note: by disabling cookies you understand that we cannot guarantee proper functionality of the shopping cart.
How to access, correct or update your information?
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information Aravina Estate is holding about you, you may request a copy of that information by contacting us. We will endeavour to provide you with the information requested within ten days. If you want to correct or update your information, please contact us. If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us using the website or as set out below:
61 Thornton Rd, Yallingup, WA 6282
Phone: +61 08 9750 1111
Conditions of Use
Liquor License number: 6180030502
Class of License: Producers License
Name of Licensee: Stephen Patrick Charles Tobin
Premises Name: Aravina Estate
Address: 61 Thornton Rd, Yallingup, WA 6282
Phone: 08 9750 1111
ABN: 21 366 847 148
Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence:
- To sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or
- For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
DELIVERY and RETURNS POLICY
Aravina Estate despatches wines from the cellar door in Margaret River within 3-5 working days of receipt of order. Should any wine be faulty or damaged in transit, please contact the cellar door as soon as practicable. Currency of transaction is Australian Dollars only.
To return your product, you should mail your product to:
61 Thornton Road, Yallingup, WA 6282
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
- Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
- If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
SIGNING UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
By providing your contact details you subscribe to receive future special offers, promotions plus information about special events from Aravina Estate, and from our representatives, until such time as you request us to stop. Should you wish to opt out at any time, simply let us know by phone or email.
We will provide you with appropriate contact details every time we contact you. Your details remain yours and may only be shared with our representatives for the purposes of communicating Aravina offers only. They will NOT be sold or rented to any other companies.